Saturday, October 27, 2007

Untitled

Always wanted to do that.

Anyhoo, crazy work day on Friday and G-D computer problems today delayed the bloggin' goodness.

So what did I miss?

-- Schilling coming up huge again. I didn't get the people who said he was washed up - he only had the one bad start against Cleveland. Otherwise, here is his postseason line:

19.1 IP, 16 H 3 ER 3BB 13K 3-0, 1.40 ERA.

F U Curly Haired B, I don't care how he's getting it done. He's getting it done.

-- McCarver again informing me about the length of various players' strokes. Keep it to yourself Timm-ay.

-- One worrying trend - lots of guys left on base by the Sox. This team loses games it shouldn't when it gets guys on and can't drive them home. Happened a bit in the Cleveland series (DPs) and happened in Game 2. Luckily the pitching was strong enough to overcome it. It won't be tonight.

My prediction for tonight - Dice-K goes 5+, but first guy in (Delcarmen) allows two inherited runners to score. Rockies win 5-3.

I hope I am wrong, but I did pick the Sox in 6.

Some blogs before I leave to finish my third drink of the night:

Red Sox Fan From Pinstripe Territory has a good post taking apart CHB.

Red Sox Chick went to Game 1. Hereare the gory details.

Joy of Sox has the open thread and the headlines for tonight's game.

Peter notes that if the NL had home field, the game could be rained out, and Dice-K is the first starting pitcher from the land of the rising sun in the World Series.

That's it. Enjoy the game. Off to change into the lucky "Why Not Us" t-shirt. To wit:

No comments: